Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is an innovative therapy that helps to regenerate tissue, not just treat inflammation or symptoms.
- PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is done to help heal tendon injuries, joint issues, knees, shoulders, etc.
- PRP begins with the doctor drawing blood from your vein, like a blood test.
- The blood is processed through a special centrifuge and kit and about 15 minutes later injected into where the pain in your shoulders, knees, elbows, low back, ankle, wrist, etc. exists.
- The treatment is ‘natural’ in that the platelet growth factors and stem cells injected are yours!
- Other than a small amount of medicine to prevent the drawn blood from clotting, nothing is added.
- Many professional and amateur athletes have benefited from this treatment.
- Recovery: Rest the joint a few weeks after injection.
- Insurance: Covered by some PPO insurances, but we do not bill Medicare for this. Competitive cash rates.
An appointment with the doctor to discuss the suitability of this injection vs. other treatments or injections is recommended before the procedure itself is scheduled (procedures currently done only at Culver office).