Patients and Secure Communication Portal
Our patients are the most important part of this medical practice. We go out of our way to provide excellent service to them. I do my best as a doctor to provide my patients with the best medical service for their family and sports medical needs.
The patient portal represents the second step in the evolution of the Electronic Health Record and will help you to communicate with us securely and get test results quickly.
Updox is our patient web portal that facilitates patient communication with the doctor and staff.
In the portal you will be able to:
- Send secure messages including attachments, when needed
- View lab results along with comments from the doctor
- View your results and Chart Summaries
Obtaining a portal account:
- Every new patient gets a portal account and typically uses it to share demographic data and forms with us even before the visit.
- You will be able to personalize your login to the portal, if you wish. Your date of birth automatically will be part of the secure login system. You can reset your password using your date of birth and email address.
- Make sure your email address and date of birth is up to date and accurate in our electronic records system (speak to Vanessa at the front desk, 310-836-2225).
- Also update your mailing address if you move.
- If you change doctors or move out of state, we can inactivate your account; please let us know.
Help with Your Patient Portal Communications
Vanessa is the point person for “IT” support on the patient portal.
She can answer your questions, give you a brief training, or change your password.
Try not to be intimidated by the portal. It is useful and once you learn, easy to use.
The doctor sends out occasional “patient updates” via the portal, especially around the Covid pandemic.
For questions, please email Vanessa. Her regular EM is: frontofficeDrS AT gmail dot Com
Feedback as to how the Portal is working for you is appreciated.